Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 2012 Birchbox!


I am obsessed with this month's Birchbox! Last month's didn't impress me much, to be honest, but this one more than made up for it! I plan on doing more in-depth reviews of a few of these products, so if there's anything you'd like to know more about, feel free to let me know in the comments!

Here's what I got!

  • Schick Hydro Silk 5 Blade Razor: This is a "Birchbox Find" which I believe is a new thing they're doing where they find affordable drugstore products to introduce their customers to, which I am all for! I used this razor to shave my legs today, and I am in love! It's the closest shave I've ever gotten (although I don't think I've ever used a razor with more than 4 blades before), and I didn't nick myself once! This blade boasts an oval shape, which makes it easier to shave ankles, knees, and other hard to reach areas, as well as a moisturizing serum surrounding the blades to moisturize your skin. It's seriously amazing. My legs are so soft and smooth! And I LOVE that this came with a coupon for $4 off refills (this is a razor with refillable razor cartridges rather than a disposable!). Love love love.
  • Beauty Fixation Makeup Remover: These nifty little q-tips have makeup remover in the handle. You just snap the end and the makeup remover flows into the tip and you can easily clean up any makeup mistakes. While I think I'll stick with dipping my regular q-tips in eye makeup remover, these would be awesome for travel!
  • Miss Jessie's Quick Curls: Obsessed. I am obsessed. This curl cream is amazing! It smells really wonderful and fresh, which I love, and it works beautifully! I put this in my damp hair and let it air dry and am left with defined, frizz-free wavy curls that smell amazing. I'm also absolutely thrilled that Birchbox gave out 2 fl. oz. samples of this, because this tube will last quite a while. I can safely say that I will be dishing out the $32 (hopefully in Birchbox points and not actual dollars!) for the full-size as soon as this generous sample is gone. Absolutely obsessed.
  • Viva La Juicy La Fleur: This is a softer, more sheer version of the original Viva La Juicy, which I adore! They smell really similar, so I probably won't buy this as I already have a huge bottle of the original Viva La Juicy, but this is a beautiful scent. If you like the original but find it a little too strong, this is for you!
  • Pixi Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen in Gilded Mink: This is a gorgeous pencil that can be used as an eyeshadow or a liner. It's a gorgeous taupe color that goes on beautifully and doesn't crease! The only downside is that you have to sharpen it, but other than that, it's lovely, and I'm pretty sure it's full-size! This particular shade is a gorgeous lid color, and I am thrilled with it!
So, in the spirit of back-to-school season, I have to give Birchbox an A+ and a gold star this month! I love all of the products and can definitely see myself using these up and then going on a spree in the Birchbox shop to stock up on these products in the full-sizes. 
Are you a subscriber to Birchbox? No? Sign up here! Yes? What did you get this month? I hope you're as thrilled as I am!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment