Sunday, November 20, 2011

Opinions: Origins A Perfect World Cleanser


Price: $21 for 5 fl. oz. of product
Marketed to: combination to dry skin types
Verdict: Good, not great. There are much better options out there in the same price range.


First let me start by saying that I have normal-to-dry skin that's somewhat sensitive. Products like cleansers rarely cause me to react; it's usually products that you leave on the skin, like makeup and moisturizer that I have reactions to.

Skincare: The never ending quest to find those amazing products that will give us flawless skin. Is this one of those products? Well, not really, no.

This is a really nice cleanser. It creates a great lather, smells nice, and does a great job of cleansing the skin. I only used this in the morning, so I cannot vouch for it's ability to remove makeup, but it is not marketed as a makeup remover, so I would expect you would need to use a separate makeup remover. 

When I used this, I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin at all. My skin didn't look any better, it didn't feel any smoother or softer which was sort of a bummer because this stuff carries a somewhat hefty price tag; I guess I expected some visible results for that price. I also found this to be a bit drying, which is unfortunate because it's marketed to drier skin types. It did leave that uncomfortable tight feeling on my skin after washing. For some people this isn't a problem because the feeling goes away as soon as you moisturize, but I'm always wary of products that feel like their drying my skin out; it usually means there are some undesirable chemicals in there somewhere.

Overall, this isn't a product I would recommend. I've tried other cleansers that I've liked much better and that I would recommend first. I do think that it would be well suited for normal skin types just looking for something to  cleanse and nothing more. It's not a bad product by any means, but it's also not a miracle worker either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment