Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

I'm traveling for Thanksgiving, as are most of you, I'm sure. So, I thought why not show you what I've packed in my trusty makeup bag to bring with me! I also have a few packing tips to hopefully help some of you out. Also, I am not traveling by plane, so if you are, don't forget to put your liquids and gels in a see-through plastic bag!

 

This is my favorite makeup bag. It's sturdy and spacious; it holds everything! It was a gift with purchase from Victoria's Secret something like 4 years ago, and it's still in great shape! If you so desire, you can find bags like this, in various colors, pretty easily on eBay. 







In my makeup bag are the following items:
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette: definitely a traveling staple. There are 12 gorgeous shades in this palette, so you can do a multitude of looks.
  • YBF Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe: I've been using the ELF eyebrow kit lately, but this pencil is more travel friendly. It's amazing for filling in your brows and it works on all hair colors; the amount of pressure you use while applying it determines how dark it gets. It also has a built in brow comb, which is really nice.
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (1 fl. oz. travel size in Sand): This tinted moisturizer is amazing! It evens out your skin tone and makes your skin look beautiful without ever feeling like you're wearing anything.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero: Your basic black eyeliner. It's the longest wearing pencil liner I've found so far.
  • ELF Shimmering Eye Pencil in Boldly Bronzed: A really pretty color for lining your upper lash line when you want a more subtle look.
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: The cult favorite eye primer. I never apply eyeshadow without it.
  • NARS Blush in Deep Throat: Dirty name, gorgeous blush. Perfect for a subtle, natural glow.
  • C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve: My favorite nighttime lip balm. It's very thick, so it's great for moisturizing your lips at night, and it smells like roses. What's not to love?
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey: An amazing, nude tinted lip balm. This stuff is so moisturizing. I love using it during the day because it has a really pretty honey colored tint to it.
  • L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent: Amazing berry tinted lip balm. This is also really moisturizing. I use this when I want a slightly darker lip color.
  • ELF Eyelash Curler: An amazing curler for only $1. I love this thing.
  • Tweezers: I got these from Walgreens (I think) years ago. I want to invest in a nicer pair eventually, but these do the job.
  • Blinc Mascara: A Birchbox treat; this is a tubing mascara so it never clumps. It's pretty nice but not as dramatic as I usually prefer with my mascaras, but it's kind of the only one I have right now, so I'll use it!
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I have quite a few little sample tubes of this lying around, but this is the first one I've used. I'm really impressed with this primer!
  • ELF Pressed Powder in Almond: I will have a separate post about this soon, but this is a seriously impressive powder. I use this to set my tinted moisturizer and it's kind of phenomenal.
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer: This is really nice for subtle contouring. I have very round cheeks and will take all the help I can get, so I love this stuff.

I promise it's not really all that much! I'm usually a huge over-packer, so I'm quite proud of myself. I'm leaving for 4 days, so I think this is a nice array of products.

Now some quick tips:
  1. Palettes! There is nothing I hate more than digging around for single eyeshadows. Having one good palette keeps you from throwing in every eyeshadow you own, and it's much easier to find.
  2. Samples! As a loyal Birchbox subscriber, I have tons of trial size products, like the mascara and primer, and they're great for travel. You have great products that don't take up much space.
  3. Plan Ahead! If you know what you need, you're less likely to start throwing things in "just in case" which is something I am all too guilty of...
If you would like a more detailed review of anything in this post, please let me know in the comments!
Safe travels and happy holidays to those of you celebrating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment