Monday, December 19, 2011

December 2011 Birchbox


This month's Birchbox is a fun one! I love getting boxes like these, filled with products that I wouldn't typically buy for myself; it gives me the chance to try something new! And this months box, with one exception, was a definite win in my book.


Here are the products for this month!

  • Harvey Prince Yogini perfume: This is the sample that I'm not quite feeling. The notes are sandalwood, Egyptian myrrh, and grapefruit. It smells very fresh, but a bit masculine in my opinion. It's not something I would wear, but it works well as a room spray!
  • Benefit The POREfessional primer: I'm a bit of a primer junkie. I hadn't tried this one yet, but I used it today and it's so nice. It left my skin so smooth and my foundation applied beautifully.
  • Nuxe Multi-Usage Dry Oil Shimmer: This is a gorgeous shimmery oil that you can apply to your skin or hair to get a beautiful glow. This will definitely be a staple for me during holiday parties. 
  • EBoost Natural Energy Booster: This is supposed to provide an energy boost (it contains caffeine derived from green tea) as well as vitamins to boost your immune system. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like a great pick-me-up on those mornings where you find yourself having to drag yourself out of bed.
  • Show Stoppers Fashion Tape: These are to help you basically keep your clothes in place. You can use them to prevent visible bra straps or to keep your favorite strapless party dress up. 
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink: This is definitely my favorite item out of this month's box. It's a gorgeous sheer hot pink color that looks good on everyone! I am quite tan and my mother is very fair, and not trying to brag or anything, but it looks pretty great on both of us.
And just to vouch for how amazing Birchbox's customer service is, my box was one of many that was delayed by the shipping company and Birchbox added 100 points (which is the equivalent of $10 in the Birchbox shop) to my account. The delay was pretty noticeable; my mother's box arrived Tuesday of last week and mine arrived today. However I was just glad to have the box arrive. The extra points were a totally unexpected but truly appreciated gesture. Just another reason to love this great company!

0 comments:

Post a Comment