Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Best of: December 2011



This month I've been experimenting a lot with products, so it was pretty challenging to pick out favorites, but I have to say that these are the six products I reached for the most during December.




  • Lush Celestial Moisturizer: This is the moisturizer I've been using on my face every night for almost two months now (I have the trial size container and it's still only half empty; you really only need a tiny amount!) and I've been really liking it, but I found a new use for it. I have very mild eczema that rarely gives me issues, but this month I did have a few flare ups. A little dab of this stopped the itching almost immediately and the redness had almost completely gone away about 4 hours later. This definitely did an awesome job of soothing my skin.
  • Tarte Illuminating Serum: I received this as a part of a 500 point perk from Sephora and I have really been loving it. I've been mixing a small amount in with my tinted moisturizer and it makes blending much easier while leaving a nice healthy glow.
  • MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters: I probably don't have to say much about this cult favorite, but the shimmery champagne color is my favorite all-over lid color and is a great foundation for neutral looks.
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Rollerball: I received the Marc Jacobs rollerball trio for Christmas and this perfume smells so good! I haven't had it that long, but I'm already in love with it.
  • Colorscience Pro Sunforgettable Mineral Foudation: I received this in a Birchbox a few months ago but just started using it this month. It does an awesome job of evening out my skin tone all while providing SPF 30.
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink: I love this gorgeous, universally flattering pink shade.
Like I said, this month was full of awesome products, so it was difficult to narrow it down, but these were the best of the best! I'm not sure that I'll be doing a best of 2011 post because I honestly don't think I could make a list that wasn't a mile long, but we'll see!

I hope you all are having a great start to 2012!

0 comments:

Post a Comment