Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Shopping Ban!

Hello all! I just wanted to do a quick update since I managed to leave behind some of the products I want to write about at school (I'm visiting home for the holiday), so favorites and a few other posts will have to wait.
So I thought it would be the perfect time to write about the SPENDING BAN I am putting myself on as a sort of experiment!

As we all know, I totally failed at Project 10 Pan, and rather than trying again, I thought I would try something new. So, for the month of September (and perhaps beyond, but more on that later) I am BANNING myself from buying any beauty products, with the exception of those I really "need". This means no makeup, skincare, haircare, or anything else for one month. Instead, I want to focus on using up what I already have! So, while I won't be holding myself to a certain number of products to use up, I do really hope to clear out my collection a bit.
Now, I will allow myself a little slack when it comes to items that I only have one of that are on their last leg. The only things I can think of off the top of my head that I might end up needing to pick up are a mascara (my only one has begun to dry out, so I'm not sure I'll get a full month out of it) and facial toner (although I think I'll be able to make it through the month, we'll see...). I honestly can't think of anything else that I'm running low on that I don't have a backup of, so I have no intention of purchasing anything else.
I will also continue to receive Birchbox, because I have a yearly subscription that was recently renewed, so it's all already paid for, and this experiment is all about saving money! Broke college student status over here y'all...
Depending on how the month goes, I might extend my little experiment into October as well. And who knows, I might go crazy and do November too!
As inspiration, I've begun compiling a list of products I want to buy post-ban, as a sort of reward if I can complete it!
Let's see how it goes! Wish me luck!

Also, keep a look out for my monthly favorites as well as a few product reviews! Have a fantastic Labor Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment