Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Of: August 2012


Hi all! I know I'm a little late, but as I mentioned in my last post, I went home for Labor Day (and my big brother's birthday!) and managed to leave a few of my favorites back at school. Now that the family is back together, it's time for my favorites!




  1. Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Medium Tan: I've been loving this foundation lately! It's really quick and easy to apply in the mornings and lasts all day long. Luckily, I don't need a whole lot of coverage, so this is perfect for me. It evens out my skin tone and hides some minor imperfections without feeling heavy at all. I would say that if you need more coverage, this wouldn't be the first foundation I'd recommend to you, although you can use it on a concealer brush and it covers up imperfections really well. I often use this during "that time of the month" when my skin tends to break out a little more. However, if you really want full coverage, this might not be for you.
  2. Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller in Medium/Deep: Now that I'm back at school, I've had a lot of late nights (studying, I swear!!) and early mornings, so I've really relied on this under-eye concealer to cover up my dark circles. This does an excellent job of concealing and de-puffing. I find that if I roll a bit on under my eyes, and let it set for about 30 seconds before blending it in, I get a bit more coverage. If I apply it then immediately blend it, I get more brightening but less concealing. Either way, this does a great job of making me look more awake than I really am!
  3. Urban Decay Naked Palette: Is anyone shocked by this? No? Didn't think so. Again, I've been reaching for this palette pretty much every day this past month. On days where I don't want to look too overdone, I go for the two matte shades Naked (a light matte beige) and Buck (a matte medium brown). I find that this creates definition without making it look like I'm wearing any eyeshadow. When I want to look a little more "done" I opt for some of the more shimmery shades like Toasted (a gorgeous pinky purple color) and Smog (an equally gorgeous shimmery golden bronze). My new goal is to hit pan on Buck, my absolute favorite crease color!
  4. L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent: Unfortunately, this little gem is discontinued (although you may be able to find it on allcosmeticswholesale.com or eBay). This is my go-to simple lip color. It's a tinted lip balm that's pretty close to my natural lip color. It gives a really pretty sheen to my lips without being too glossy, and it's hydrating! I hit the bottom of the jar yesterday (bummer) but there's still enough to last me quite some time (hooray!). 
  5. Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint in Because I Love You: That's a mouthful! My mom was kind enough to get this for me when she placed an order with Birchbox, and I've been loving it! It's another tinted lip balm that's really hydrating, adds a bit of color, and gives a nice sheen. I've been carrying this one around with me during the day as it's really easy to just throw on without a mirror. The color is a really pretty light coral that looks really natural on. And apparently, these are a bit of a cult favorite among beauty editors (according to a recent Google session) and I can see why!
  6. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls: This was in my August Birchbox, and if you recall, I was already raving about this in my Birchbox haul! It smells AMAZING, defines my curls, prevents frizz, and doesn't feel hard or sticky. It holds up really well in humidity too. I find that I can use this, and only this, in my hair when I get out of the shower, and then let my hair air dry, which is always a gamble with curly or wavy hair. It looks (and smells) fantastic!
  7. Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pencil in Gilded Mink: This is probably the only eyeshadow not in the Naked palette that I used all month! It's a gorgeous shimmery taupe that looks gorgeous on the lids. I've either been wearing this alone when I'm in a hurry (it's really easy to blend out with just your fingers when you're in a rush) or with Buck in the crease if I want a little more definition. 
And there they are, the best of August 2012! I hope you enjoyed! Also, as a sidenote, I finally got a new camera (I'd been using my iPhone!) which means I will finally be able to post looks, decent swatches, and more, so keep a look out for those!

 What have you been loving recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment