Monday, October 1, 2012

Best Of: September 2012

Hello all! Sorry for the lack of posts, somehow September became the month of exams, speeches, weddings, and keeping my poor brother who broke one foot and sprained the other company! But not to worry, I'm declaring October the month of regular posting! So to kick things off right, here are the best products I used last month!


  1. Lush's Buffy Body Bar: I love this thing! I'm sure most of you know all about this product, but for those who don't, it's like an exfoliator and moisturizer in one. You use it on damp skin (I use mine in the shower) and it exfoliates while leaving behind a nice moisturizing layer. Then you rinse your skin, pat dry, and I always sort of massage the "film" (I hate using that word because of the connotations, but it's probably the most accurate) into my skin, leaving it so soft and smooth! I've also found that this has helped with the Keratosis Pilaris, this little unsightly red bumps a lot of people get on their upper arms, thighs, and even face, I have on my arms. Love it!
  2. Bare Minerals: Deja vu anyone? Yes, my love for this foundation has carried on for another month. What can I say? I'm a sucker for any foundation that evens out my skin tone while not making me feel like I'm wearing makeup. Love love love.
  3. Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lip Color in Panache: This is a great grapey-plum color. It's not super pigmented; I find that it gives my lips a nice berry tint without being too dark or looking too mature as dark lip colors tend to do. I got this in a little set from Sephora for free a while back, and for whatever reason, I cannot seem to find this particular color in the full size! They have one, Witty, which looks like it would be similar though.
  4. Color Club Nail Polish in Insta-This: I love cobalt blue. I really, really do. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to get this in my September Birchbox! I will say that it chips pretty easily (all of the Color Club nail polishes I've tried do) but the color is so gorgeous I can forgive it! Since this color is all the rage this season, I'm sure you can find something similar, and perhaps more long wearing!
  5. Target Arm Candy: I picked this up toward the beginning of the month, and I've been wearing these bracelets obsessively! I love the colors together, and I love that they give any outfit an autumn feel!
  6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty: The name says it all! This gives a really pretty, natural flush to my cheeks. I've always gravitated toward either pink or peach blushes, so I thought I'd give red a try, and I love it! Warning: this blush is super pigmented! Use a light hand or you'll look like a clown!
  7. Dr. Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+: Another September Birchbox product! I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought it would definitely be too light, and while it is on the light side, it actually blends quite well. It evens out my skin, feels amazing on, and looks really natural. I spent a lot of this month travelling between school and home, and this was the only foundation I packed (along with a pressed powder) because I love it so much!
  8. Urban Decay Naked Palette: More deja vu! I'm not even going to explain why this is on the list. You already know.
So there they are! My favorite products for September. I promise this month I'll try to branch out more to give you more variety.
What products did you love last month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment