Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January Birchbox!

Hi everyone! I know this is a little late, but I accidentally forgot to change my shipping address from home to school, so I had to wait for my mom to bring it to me when she came to visit. I also want to apologize for the photo quality in this post and next couple of posts. My dorm has terrible lighting...

Okay. On to the good stuff! This month's box is one of my favorites. The theme was "clarity" and they included products to jumpstart a new skincare routine, add some color to your everyday makeup, and change up your signature scent. I have to say: I LOVE THEM ALL!



The products:
  • A Birchbox logo magnet (you can never have too many cute magnets!)
  • Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash: I've used this before and it leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean! It's not my favorite cleanser ever, but it's pretty darn good.
  • LARABAR Mini Bar in Coconut Cream Pie: So tasty! I love coconut so this was a win in my book. It definitely reminded me of Mounds candy, but a healthier version!
  • Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture: This is one of my newest favorites. I got a sample of this with my Bare Minerals foundation and fell in love! So much so that my mom bought me a rollerball which I've been using constantly. There is just something about this super-girly fruity, floral scent that I just can't get enough of!
  • VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Face-Hand-Body Lotion: As many of you know, I've been having some skin trouble lately, so I was apprehensive about this product. I haven't tried it on my body due to my current eczema flare-up, but I've tried it on my face and OH MY GOSH it's amazing! It's an exfoliating lotion, so it leaves your skin glowing! And after one use my dry patches were gone. Amazing.
  • Stila Smudge Stick in Peacock: This is the product everyone has been raving about! It's a full-sized eyeliner in a gorgeous teal blue color. I am guilty of sticking with the same black liner everyday, but this adds a fun pop of color to my look. Perhaps my favorite thing about this liner is the fact that it stays put all day!
This was definitely an amazing box. I think maybe Birchbox is trying to step it up due to all of the competition that has been popping up. Personally I'm not all that interested in other subscription services because I've been really pleased with all of my boxes (there have only been a very small handful of products that I didn't absolutely love) and I love getting to try a wide variety of products. But if you are trying out another subscription service, let me know what you think about them!



0 comments:

Post a Comment