Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: Befine Exfoliating Cleanser


The Befine Exfoliating Cleanser is one of the products Birchbox sampled prior to my becoming a subscriber. I was watching a lot of Birchbox hauls trying to decide whether to join and listened to people RAVING about this cleanser. While I did join Birchbox and never actually sampled this product, I had heard so many rave reviews that I decided to check it out!

I am so glad that I did!


This cleanser is wonderful! It's pretty gentle as far as exfoliators go. It's more harsh than something like the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub, but it's nowhere near as harsh as St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Lush's Ocean Salt. As you wash with it the little exfoliating particles melt and the cleanser becomes this creamy, slightly foamy cleanser. It honestly feels amazing. As you rinse it off, your skin is left feeling smooth and soft, not stripped.

I have dry, sensitive skin, but I find this gentle enough to use every morning. As I said, it starts off exfoliating but melts into a really creamy cleanser, so it's really not harsh. It also does a wonderful job of getting rid of my dry, flaky patches which is one of my biggest skincare concerns.

Some people are a little turned off by the price. This cleanser typically retails for $25 for 4 fl. oz. of products. It is, however, very easy to find this for much less. I purchased my tube through Amazon.com for $8. You read that right, I paid $8 for a product that retails for $25. This product is also available through Birchbox.com where you can use points you earn through referring friends and reviewing products to pay for the product. 

Overall, this is a lovely cleanser that can be used daily (although I would limit use to once a day) or less often in place of more harsh exfoliators. It's not drying and is in fact quite soothing. I would definitely recommend it!



2 comments:

Jiya Khan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jiya Khan said...

Niceee review..
I just started using it and I also like it very much :D

Opsss I had to remove my previous comment.

http://jiyasbeautydiary.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment