Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 2012 Birchbox


Hello lovelies! I got the products from my February Birchbox yesterday (it was shipped to my house and my mom mailed it to me at school; how sweet!) and I have to admit that initially I was disappointed. But through the magic of actually trying the products rather than just discarding them, I found this box to be a hidden gem!



Here are the products along with brief reviews (I went crazy and tried nearly everything yesterday!):

  • BLK DNM Perfume: This is interesting. It's quite heavy and spicy and smells more like a cologne to me. It is a unisex scent, so it can be worn by men as well. I actually really like the scent. It's definitely something I'd like on a man but I could see myself wearing this at night as well.
  • Eye Rock Stick-On Eye Liner: This is the only product I haven't tried yet. I have deeply set eyes, so I can't wear winged liner because there's a small crease at the corner of my eye that makes winged or extended liner look funny. I'll let you know how these work out.
  • La Fresh Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover: This was probably the item I was least excited about, but after giving it a try I'm in love! They are tuscan orange scented and smell absolutely amazing. Since they're acetone-free they don't have that harsh chemical smell at all. They also leave behind a little oil behind that you can massage into your nails and cuticles to condition them. LOVE THESE!
  • Heart-Shaped Nail Filing Board: This is a cute little extra. It works like any emory board but is much cuter!
  • Exude Lipstick in Coral: This is a full-sized product (!) and it's in the perfect color for me. It's a gorgeous coral color that works really well on my tanned complexion. The applicator is a clear acrylic lipstick shape and you twist the lip color up into it in order to apply it. It's very cool!
That's what I got this month! I know a lot of people were disappointed, but I'm so glad I gave this month a chance! I also used my points to place an order, so keep an eye out for a full-sized Birchbox haul in the near future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment