Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recent Collective Haul


I've been doing a fair bit of shopping recently, and I thought I would share with you what I've picked up and what I think of them so far. I've used everything a few times, enough to give you a preliminary idea of what I think, but more in-depth reviews will be coming soon!




  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Brightener: I couldn't decide on an actual concealer shade (medium looked too light while honey looked too dark) so I decided to go with the brightener. I figured I could use this under my foundation if it didn't blend well with my skin. However, this blends in really nicely and does a wonderful job of brightening my under-eye area. This can also be used to highlight the face, so it's like getting two products in one!
  • Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer: One of my goals for this year is to protect my skin better, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be tan! (or more tan than I already am...) This is a really nice self tanner. I've been testing it out on my legs, which have gone really pale as they always do this time of year. After two uses, this brought my legs back to the color of the rest of my body. It does have a bit of that self tanner smell as it develops, but it's not bad. It's definitely much better than the Jergens Natural Glow.
  • Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel: I finally finished up my enormous bottle of Clinique's toner and I wanted to switch to something alcohol free. My research kept turning up this product and the reviews were nothing short of glowing. This toner smells really nice and after using it twice a day for only three days so far, my skin looks more even, more pores are less noticeable, and my skin is so soft! This also doesn't dry out my skin at all and when I apply it my skin doesn't go scarlet the way it always did the instant I used the Clinique toner.
  • Beauty Blender 2 pack: I ordered this from Birchbox with my points, so these were free! I've wanted to try the Beauty Blender for so long. I decided on the double pack so that I can give one to my mom because despite the fact that Birchbox samples these adorable sponges this month, neither of us got one. I've used this twice and both times the result looked flawless!
  • Johnson's Baby Shampoo: Perhaps the least exciting of my purchases, but I got this to clean the Beauty Blender, and it works like a charm! It gets all the makeup out of the sponge at the fraction of the cost of Beauty Blender's own Blender Cleanser.

0 comments:

Post a Comment