Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rave Review: La Roche-Posay Toleraine Riche Soothing Protecting Cream



As you can tell by the title, I adore this moisturizer. I have dry, sensitive skin and this is one of my absolute favorite moisturizers. I've tried plenty of products that claim to moisturize and soothe and protect and all that, but this is one of two moisturizers that I've tried that truly are moisturizing, don't irritate my skin, and don't feel greasy AT ALL! (The other being Philosophy's Hope in a Jar)
This is perfect for anyone looking for a simple, no frills moisturizer. It's a basic, white, fragrance free cream. All you need is a pea-sized amount to moisturize your whole face. It absorbs into the skin really quickly, so it would be suitable for moisturizing before applying your makeup. It feels incredibly soothing and leaves your skin silky soft. This particular formula is for sensitive, dry skin, however they do make a version for sensitive skin that is combination/oily simply called Toleraine Soothing Protective Cream.

Admittedly, I was worried that this wouldn't be moisturizing enough, but I was dead wrong! After my total skin freak-out, this helped my super-dry skin balance itself out and has kept in comfortable ever since. It also helps soothe my post-washing redness and I've noticed my skin looks less red and blotchy overall.

You can purchase this anywhere La Roche-Posay products are sold, including the La Roche-Posay website. It will run you about $28 for 1.35 fl. oz., which is pricy, I know, but you only need to use a small amount each day, so the tube will last. I am also willing to shell out more for something that does exactly what I need, nothing more, nothing less. I highly recommend this moisturizer for anyone with sensitive skin who is looking for a simple, effective product. This also works wonderfully in conjunction with a micellar solution (a no-rinse, extremely soothing water-like face wash formulated especially for sensitive skin) and will leave sensitive skin comfortable, not irritated.


0 comments:

Post a Comment