Sunday, March 4, 2012

Best Of: February 2012



As you may have seen by my recent haul, I managed to acquire quite a few new items this past month, many of which you'll probably be seeing in next month's Best Of. However, the products I found myself reaching for this month were a lot of old favorites. Here they are!




  • Yes to Cucumbers Makeup Remover Wipes: These are my absolute favorite makeup wipes. I can't tell you how many packs I've gone through. They're very soothing for sensitive skin and don't irritate my eyes. I also really like that the wipes are biodegradable and cruelty free. Some people don't particularly like the smell (it is quite strong) but I don't mind it. These do quite a good job of removing makeup, but I always follow them up with another cleanser to really cleanse my skin.
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and ELF's Angled Liner Brush: These two are a match made in heaven! For the longest time this gel liner has sat in my collection unused because I didn't really like the way it applied. While walking through Target I came across this brush and decided to give it a try. These two seriously work amazingly together. The liner brush gives me the most control out of any liner brushes I've used; it's so easy to create whatever type of line you want. The liner itself is very smooth and pigmented and stays all day.
  • Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist: This is definitely a classic. I don't know that I've come across anyone that doesn't like this scent. It's been my go-to for everyday because it smells light, floral, and sweet.
  • Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit Rollerball: I die. This scent is absolutely amazing. I reach for it all the time, and I find that it actually mixes quite well with Sweet Pea; I dab a bit of this on my wrist and use 2 spritzes of Sweet Pea, mainly on my clothes, and I'm good to go. This is definitely the more powerful of the two scents, but it doesn't overpower Sweet Pea. This is the perfect blend of grapefruit and vanilla. Two of my favorite types of scents are citrus and vanilla so this is like heaven for me. I do think that the full-size of this perfume will be my next fragrance purchase.
  • Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser: I've done a little bit of "travelling" this month (and by travelling I mean driving the 3 hours from my school to my house) and this is the cleanser I take with me. I've tried it before and was previously really unimpressed; it felt as though this was drying out my skin. Now, however, I find that it leaves my skin really balances and fresh-looking. I think it may have to do with the toner and moisturizer I was using when I tried this previously; neither were particularly moisturizing. I'm definitely impressed with this the second time around, although I'm not sure if I'll end up buying the full-size. Time will tell.
  • Zoya Austine: I adore this nail polish. It a light, somewhat rosy-gold and it just looks stunning. I reach for it way too much. I get the distinct feeling that I will be wearing this all the time this spring and summer!
Tell me, what were you loving in February?

0 comments:

Post a Comment